July 17, 2007

July 17, 2007 - The Texan

Today wasn’t very exciting. It was rather slow actually, which can be nice sometimes too.  Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather it was busy and I was making lots of money, but I like a little relaxation here and there at work too.  Usually when it’s slow I get together with the other drivers on the cab stand and just shoot the breeze about whatever.  One observation that I have made is that there seems to be a correlation between how long someone has been with the company and how dissatisfied they are with it.  Their dissatisfaction seems to stem from a number of things, many of which seen to be unrelated to their job.
            
            Anyways, I had a good customer today.  We talked for a while about politics, the weather, our hometowns, and what’s fun to do in Cortez.  Cindy was her name.  She was going to the airport to catch a flight back to Dallas, TX.  I find Texas to be an interesting state.  Everything seems so different there, especially compared to California.  Cindy told me that in Texas you can bring your gun to the restaurant, the movies, the grocery store etc...  Actually in California you can do that too, except your gun has to be completely visible and it can’t be loaded.  You can’t even have your ammunition on the same side of your body as the gun.  Never understood the reasoning behind that…  Then again, there are a lot of things that I don’t understand about California.
            
            Cindy was a gun owner and appeared quite fond of Texas and it’s politics.  So we got to the airport and the fare totaled $24.60.  Cindy gave me a $50 and said keep it.  I’m happy with a dollar or two so when I get double the fare it’s a great ride.  I guess things really are bigger in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment