April 18, 2009

April 18, 2009 – Trouble in Mission Beach

            I always get a good laugh when I come into the office at the end of the night.  It’s easier to come in at night because it is much quieter and management (a term we’ll use loosely) isn’t in.  It’s fun to talk to Sampson.  We talk about problem drivers, silly policies – whatever.  Mostly just shoot the shit.  I also like to pick up business cards and oil at this time, as Sampson doesn’t ration these things out.

            He told me that a week or so ago Kirk locked his keys in his car in Mission Beach after he had surreptitiously taken a fare there.  Kirk didn’t want to say anything on the radio, as it would have exposed what he had done.  The ride to Mission beach was never called in.  Sampson just sent one of the livery drivers with a spare set.

            Even this can be hit or miss.  Half of the time the livery brings the wrong keys and we aren’t able to get back into the taxi.  I used to lock my keys in the car very often, but now I don’t lock it at all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment