April 12, 2008

April 12, 2008 – A Call From The Office

Ring, Ring...

            Me: Hello
            Catherine: Hi *****
            Me: Hi
            Catherine: It’s Catherine
            Me: I know. (No Shit)
            Catherine:…. 
            Me: Yes…
            Catherine: *****, do you know what this is about?
            Me: I’m not sure.
            Catherine: ***** were you driving yesterday at 4:50 p.m.?
            Me: Yep
            Catherine: Do you know what I’m referring to?
            Me: No, I’m not sure.
            Catherine: At 4:50 p.m. were you driving on 6th street?
            Me: It’s quite possible.
Catherine: Do you remember an incident with another driver near the library.
            Me: I do.
            Catherine: Do you remember what happened?
Me: Yeah, I remember coming across this guy that threw a fit for no reason.  Was it that guy?
Catherine: The man who called just wanted to say that he was disappointed.
Me: He was disappointed?
Catherine: Yes *****, he was disappointed.
Me: Well, I’m not really sure how to help him.  I didn’t do anything wrong?
Catherine: He said that you went around him when there wasn’t any room.
Me: There was room because I passed him. If there wasn’t any room I wouldn’t have been able to do so.
Catherine: Do you see what this is about *****?
Me: It’s about some guy that got frustrated for no reason.  I don’t know what to tell you.
Catherine: Do you see what the problem is?
Me: No I don’t.
Catherine: *****, in Cortez we are held to a higher standard.  We have a monopoly here in Cortez.  We could lose this at any time.  We have to be careful.

By the way, there are no monopolies here in the United States.  We have anti-trust laws against that sort of thing.  And what’s with all of the repetition?  Just because I drive a cab doesn’t mean I’m slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment